Dynamic Support Systems
Professionally securing mature tree branches with defects or weak attachments can prolong the life of the tree and reduce the potential of failure or damage from severe weather, heavy snow, or ice. We will assess your tree and install the right support system to minimize the movement of vulnerable sections in strong winds or due to snow and ice. We use the innovative cobra cabling technique, which is both flexible and shock-absorbing. Cobra cabling is an industry-preferred technique Because it does not require drilling into branches and encourages the tree to re-grow supporting wood.
Tree Risk Assessment
If you are worried about a tree’s health and your home and families’ safety, we can provide a detailed assessment of the health and structure of the tree and how that is related to any potential targets. This process is also used in cases where a tree is being considered for removal.
For the ongoing health of your trees, Aspen Arboriculture is available for site visits to monitor the progress of your trees. This will help to catch any problems before they become apparent or detrimental to a tree’s health. See Service Contracts
Many Aspen Arboriculture clients want to be informed of the best action for their trees. We can provide that information with a consultation visit. In most instances, minimal treatment and often nothing is required. We believe in tree preservation and care and only the necessary work for the health, longevity, and safety of your trees. Contact Us.
Pruning isn’t always necessary, but it is an essential part of tree maintenance within Sioux Falls and urban areas. Pruning recommendations follow the Industry Ansi A300 pruning standards and the best interest of the homeowners’ wishes, the trees’ health, and any city or government regulations.
A contractor may be used to perform the work safely and precisely to the high-quality standards we demand.
Assessing tree removal and safety requirements.
- Wears helmet and safety fall protection
- Interview the salesperson and ask how they will remove the tree (E.g., Will you be lowing the pieces by rope? or will heavy equipment be needed to remove the wood?)
- Obtain a written certificate of insurance before the job starts, or you accept the bid and their city license number if in Sioux Falls.
The key to long-lived and healthy trees starts with high-quality trees and proper planting. Ensure your tree gets the proper care and attention it needs to live a long and healthy life. All planting plans follow Ansi A300 Standards.
Aspen will provide small tree and individual tree plantings for homeowners. We also specialize in developing complete tree planting plans and then working with preferred landscape installers to provide the highest quality trees, design, and installation.
Root Collar Excavation
If girdling roots (roots circling and choking the trunk of a tree underground) are suspected to be the cause of damage or symptoms to a tree, Aspen Arboriculture uses a compressed air tool called an Air Spade to gently remove the soil around the base (root collar) of the tree to diagnose the problem. Often times, root pruning is then performed to fix the issue to encourage more root growth.
Forest Floor Service
The majority of a tree’s biomass is underground in its root system. Since trees cannot move, they must survive by adapting to the soil conditions in which they are placed. Urban situations stress a tree’s ability to maintain and regenerate root health. Aspen Arboriculture has developed a Forest Floor Service that promotes root growth for higher capacity to acquire water and nutrients from urban soils, resulting in increased tree health and vigor.
Trees evolved in forests, where their needs are met entirely. Trees in the forest are fertilized annually with nutrients provided by the decomposition of fallen leaf litter, twigs, branches, and logs.
This process becomes disrupted in urban settings. Raking and disposal of leaves every fall deprives the soil of its chance to renew and build fertility. Lowered levels of nutrients in the soil can reduce a tree’s ability to collect energy, grow, and defend itself against pest attack.
If your soil tests for nutrient deficiencies, Aspen Arboriculture may prescribe a fertilizing plan designed to precisely fill the void of nutrient(s) that is deficient. Fertilizing may not always be necessary, but can be a limiting factor in your trees’ ability for health or susceptibility to pests or disease. Our nutrient-rich fertilizer product, PURITEA, can improve the soil’s structure and allow for more nutrients to become available for your trees, which is often the case in the Sioux Falls area.
A Pro-Biotic liquid compost that feeds your lawn and improves soil health, naturally.
PURITEA is a 100% organic compost tea that is formulated and made at our office. It acts as both a fertilizer and a biological soil enhancement product.
- These benefits result in healthy, living soils. And healthy soil means healthy plants.
- Increases microbiological activity in the soil.
- Balances soil pH and unlocks essential nutrients.
- Increases rooting depth and overall root system health.
- Promotes healthy fungal and bacterial root/soil relationships.
- Improves natural nutrient cycles.
- LAWN CARE
- PURITEA is best used as a replacement for your traditional lawn fertilizer programs.
- Only 2 to 3 applications necessary per year!
- Applied as a liquid with no wait time for kids or pets!
- Minimal chemical use to control weeds in separate applications.
- TREE CARE
- PURITEA is a wonderful root system enhancement product for trees.
- Spring and Fall deep root injections to add the necessary organic matter and nutrients your trees need to thrive in harsh, urban environments.
- SAFE & CAN BE APPLIED TO
- Trees, Shrub, Lawns, Vegetable Gardens, Flower Gardens along with others.
- 100% organic
- No smell or residue
- Environmentally friendly